Search This Blog

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Natural Fiber Yarns

What do you do with "roving" yarns, please tell me? Perhaps weaving, or spinning?

The LB Collection by Lion Brand Yarns has a nice assortment organic and natural yarns. I found a couple of other sites worth returning to: 

I'm still on the hunt for:

WOOL

  • Here's an eBay search for "wool yarn". The interface and search options are nice to select the types of yarn available. I didn't realise eBay is so hip to its yarn community.
  • Baby Wool Yarn by Lion Brand Yarn, retail: $6.99 for 1.75 oz
  • Alpine Wool by Lion Brand Yarn, retail $8.29 for 3 oz (only solid colors are 100% wool)
  • Patons Wool on Joann.com $5.24 for 3.5 oz/223 yd

BAMBOO

  • Bamboo yarn from the Phillipeans on eBay: 99C for 50gr 70% bamboo/ 30% cotton

ORGANIC COTTON


The more I search for yarn, the more I realize that there is very little information of the origins of any of these yarns. Perhaps, I'll start looking into locally spun yarns, but you know they are going to be expensive. Man oh man, what a world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think :)