The LB Collection by Lion Brand Yarns has a nice assortment organic and natural yarns. I found a couple of other sites worth returning to:
- KnitPicks has 100gr/273yd of 100% Merino wool on clearance for $8.99; and
- Yarn.com ships orders of $25 for free! Be sure to check out Grampa's Clearance.
- SolitdeWool.com is located in Virginia. I'm in North Carolina, so I'm considering this a local source. Yeah!
- ThreeWatersFarm is in Chapel Hill, NC and sells in their shop and at the Carrboro Farmers' Market each Saturday.
- Here's an eBay search for "wool yarn". The interface and search options are nice to select the types of yarn available. I didn't realise eBay is so hip to its yarn community.
- Baby Wool Yarn by Lion Brand Yarn, retail: $6.99 for 1.75 oz
- Alpine Wool by Lion Brand Yarn, retail $8.29 for 3 oz (only solid colors are 100% wool)
- Patons Wool on Joann.com $5.24 for 3.5 oz/223 yd
- Bamboo yarn from the Phillipeans on eBay: 99C for 50gr 70% bamboo/ 30% cotton
- Lion Brand on Fabric.com at $6.28 for 85gr/103yd. Or at Lion Brand website. However, this yarn is discontinued.
The more I search for yarn, the more I realize that there is very little information of the origins of any of these yarns. Perhaps, I'll start looking into locally spun yarns, but you know they are going to be expensive. Man oh man, what a world.